What does it mean to go beyond hommus? For Cedar’s, it means telling the truth about what they do and being transparent about how they do it. It means making the food everyone loves without artificial preservatives and additives.
Going beyond hommus also means supporting Whole Planet Foundation’s poverty alleviation programs all around the globe. Cedar’s is proud to support Whole Planet Foundation with a $10,000 donation this year and will be a presenting sponsor of the foundation’s Virtual 10K Run to help raise more funds for microloans from August 3-7. With every Virtual 10K Registration, you’ll be entered to win a year’s worth of Cedar’s hommus! Sweepstakes rules can be found here.
Looking for a quick and easy summer staple packed with protein to fuel your Virtual 10K Run? Check out the Cedar’s recipe below and more recipes like it over at the Chickpea Kitchen!
Hommus Chicken Salad
How do you up the ante with your chicken salad? Simply swap out mayo for hommus! Doing so will pack even more protein and nutrients into your sandwiches and give them a burst of flavor no one will expect.
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup minced onion (about 1/4 medium onion)
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper (about 1/2 bell pepper)
- 1/2 cup diced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1 10-oz Cedar’s Artichoke Spinach Hommus
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Transfer Cedar’s Hommus to a bowl and stir in shredded chicken and onion
- Stir until completely combined. Add in diced bell pepper and celery
- Taste and season with salt, paprika, and/or cayenne pepper as needed